Silran's Playground

Friday, April 9, 2010

Divorcing on Twitter

This will be a bit short. But hopefully worth it.
What genius.
On April 6th 2010 Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy end their 5 year relationship on Twitter: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/06/jim-carrey-jenny-mccarthy_n_527621.html

Jim Carrey posted on Tuesday, "Jenny and I have just ended our 5yr relationship. I'm grateful 4 the many blessings we've shared and I wish her the very best! S'okay! ?;^>"

And a few minutes later from Jenny came, "Im so grateful for the years Jim and I had together. I will stay committed to Jane and will always keep Jim as a leading man in my heart."

Genius.

Whatever happens now, whatever anybody may say about them or why or whatever for the breakup, these tweets will reduce their significance. Any tabloid type articles trying to get the real scoop will have to do battle against two individuals who have publicly stated their divorce and more importantly that they did it amicably. They own their own story, they beat the news hounds, it is their tale to tell and all who come after will seem false, will seem like attacks.

Simply Genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment